Teal (by Ian Hainsworth)
DPP 1DMKIV7985web by *andy-j-s
I You people DO realize this reads as “words speak action” right???
Lenticular clouds over Mount Fuji, Japan. These are stationary lens-shaped clouds that form at high altitudes, usually perpendicular to the direction of the wind.
Can someone from the sciencey side of tumblr please explain this ?
This is called shape memory. It’s made from an alloy of titanium and nickel (I believe it’s called nitinol). It has the ability to “remember” the shape it’s taken.
When cold you can bend it whatever which way, but once you heat it (or in this case put it in what I presume is hot water) it will take the original shape.
Here we go guys! … I’m going to do this giveaway a bit differently. I have been racking my brain on how to do this. Because i wanted to do a giveaway for a while, but i didnt necessarily want a new follower winning these prizes over some of my more loyal beautiful followers. Plus i could not bring myself to giveaway a bunch of stuff to just one person( i would feel too bad for the rest of you).. So since My blogs is here to help and help promote the world of animal science and animal related topics and i love talking to all you guys on here i have developed a nice little game
How this is going to play out
- Reblog this post so your followers see it. tag it what/however you like..reblog as much as you want.
- Instruct your followers to add me and send me an ask about animal science, prevet, college, zoology, zoos or anything related to what i am about. At the end of every ask have them say whos blog they added me from.
- Best TWO ask wins Two Bloggers who recruit the most people win!!!
While coming up with this little game i noticed a small loophole that could double your chances at winning something
- You yourselves can also ask me a question, but you must give the name of a blogger that you found me through or that we are both are following
- I understand a majority of you prefer to be anonymous. I have decided to allow this. If you just sign the bottom of your ask with some Unique psuedonym along with the blogger who you found me through. if your ask is the winning one then msg me and say who you are
- Not only are the two best ask going to win but also the bloggers that are responsible for the most ask i get too!!
First prize for the blogger who gets the most people to ask me questions gets the deer skull we found on grounds
Second prize for the blogger who gets the most people to ask questions gets one of my ostrich eggs
First prize for the best ask:
Another ostrich egg(i have a bunch)
Second prize for the second best ask:
The porcupine quill I play with when i’m bored and stuck inside
Contest ends May 22nd GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Come at me bro
Red-Tailed Black Cockatoo. Photo by cobaltsenheiser